ACUI’s volunteer liaison to the Inter-Association Leadership Education Collaborative (ILEC) shares their knowledge of the Association and articulates the role of leadership education as a member of ILEC. The ILEC bring together membership-based associations in higher education dedicated to the work of leadership education for shared initiatives, research, and resource development. Through this role, volunteers will develop leadership, assessment, and communication skills through reports to ILEC, ACUI leadership, and ACUI members through presentations at the events and written publications.
Reporting to and supported by the educational program manager staff liaison, and serving on the ILEC team, for a two-year term, the ILEAD Liaison is responsible for:
- Representing ACUI and college unions/student activities in all deliberations and projects of ILEAC.
- Providing reports of the ILEC initiatives and progress to the Central Office staff and ACUI leadership.
- Developing educational resources to promote ILEC initiatives to ACUI members, such as educational sessions at the Annual Conference, Bulletin articles, press releases, website content, and other appropriate medium.
- Serving as a resource to ACUI members as it relates to leadership development knowledge, theory, and practice.
- Serving on ILEC subcommittees to review standards and develop resources.
- Attending all required meetings of the ILEC, including virtual meetings and one face-to-face meeting, for which expenses are covered by the Association.
Applications for this opportunity will be collected again in April 2020. A screening committee made up of the staff liaison and related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.