The Institute for Leadership Education and Development (I-LEAD®)
promotes the personal growth and skill development of college students,
and a vital part of the event are the members of the facilitation team
who help to make it all happen. These short-term volunteer opportunities
are some of the most intense and unique that ACUI offers, but they can
also be some of the most impactful and rejuvenating. Student interns
will work closely with the lead facilitators to prepare for institute
activities and assist in the presentation of select sessions.
Reporting to the I-LEAD® Program Team Leaders and event staff liaisons, all facilitation team members are responsible for:
- Being a positive and productive role model for students and professionals.
- Maintaining a strong working relationship with the facilitation team.
a working knowledge of “The Leadership Challenge” (Kouzes & Posner,
2012), and positively promoting the curriculum to the student
- Addressing minor disciplinary problems as needed
with individual students, and bringing larger problems to the attention
of the lead facilitators.
- Participating in pre-institute training calls and webinars.
- Being an active participant in all aspects of I-LEAD®. The institute is one of the most exhausting and rewarding experience one could have in their professional career. The team needs volunteers to be ready to show up, be present, and commit to making a huge difference in the lives of the student participants.
For I-LEAD® 2022 at the Annual Conference: Training for this program will be virtual. I-LEAD® racilitators will be able to attend some conference sessions during I-LEAD® where there will be joint activities and can attend all-conference sessions after the conclusion of the I-LEAD® program. Double-occupancy lodging, most meals, and conference registration fee will be paid for by ACUI. Selected facilitators will be expected to arrange and pay for their own travel to the conference. If student enrollment is low, ACUI reserves the right to cancel the session as necessary.
More specific responsibilities for each position include: