Members and co-chairs are sought to plan the 2020 Collegiate Marketing Institute, a partner program planned in collaboration between ACUI and NIRSA that will occur in late 2020. Based on an agreed upon plan and process with the staff consultants, the committee contributes to the development of all educational components of the event.
At the time of the volunteer commitment, it is expected that members of this committee attend the Collegiate Marketing Institute with institutional or other financial support unless extenuating circumstances prohibit one from doing so during the course of the planning period.
ACUI will appoint one co-chair for a one-year term that will be responsible for:
- Participating in a committee conducted by association staff.
- Working with association staff to create the project schedule.
- Guiding the committee through charges, collaborating on the committee agenda, coordinating and leading committee conference calls.
- Maintaining communication between committee work and association staff, providing periodic updates to association staff.
- Creating subcommittees, as needed, to focus on specific topics.
- Liaising with the association staff to finalize the overall institute schedule.
- Submitting a debrief report after the event.
ACUI will appoint two committee members for a one-year term that will be responsible for:
- Participating in a committee orientation conducted by association staff.
- Developing a presentation proposal topic areas list for the institute call for sessions.
- Making a recommendation to the association staff for the keynote speaker within budget parameters.
- Reviewing presentation proposals and working with the association staff to select educational sessions so that presenters may be notified of proposal status.
- Recruiting and confirming session monitors for each session.
- Attending the event and providing onsite welcome and registration table management.
- Engaging in a debrief meeting to review evaluation, providing feedback to be included in an event report.
Applications for this opportunity are due December 6.
A screening committee made up of the staff liaison and related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.