ACUI’s volunteer liaison to the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) shares their knowledge of the Association and articulates the campus community as a member of the CAS Board of Directors. Through this role, volunteers will develop leadership, assessment, and communication skills through reports to CAS, ACUI leadership, and ACUI members through presentations at the Annual Conference, and written publications.
Reporting to and supported by the director of volunteer and member engagement staff liaison, and serving on the CAS Board of Directors, for a four-year term, the CAS Liaison is responsible for:
- Representing ACUI and college unions/student activities in all deliberations and projects of CAS.
- Providing reports of the CAS initiatives and progress to the Central Office staff and ACUI leadership.
- Developing educational resources to promote CAS initiatives to ACUI members, such as educational sessions at the Annual Conference, Bulletin articles, press releases, website content, and other appropriate medium.
- Serving as a resource to ACUI members as it relates to the usage and initiatives of CAS.
- Serving on CAS committees to review standards and develop resources.
- Attending all required meetings of the CAS Board of Directors, including virtual meetings and one face-to-face meeting per year, for which expenses are covered by the Association.
Applications for this opportunity are due April 17. The written application will ask you to:
- Provide your name, institution, and contact information
- Describe your relevant professional experience, ACUI volunteer experience, other professional/community volunteer experience, and/or educational background
- Describe what skills and perspectives you possess that would contribute to your success as an ACUI volunteer
- Explain why you are interested in volunteering for this specific opportunity
- Upload a signed Institutional Support Form [pdf], as this position requires travel, financial support
to register for event(s), and/or significant out-of-office time
To discuss volunteering with your institution to ensure that they are supportive of your involvement, download these About Volunteer with ACUI talking points [pdf] to share additional information about what it means to be a volunteer.
A screening committee made up of the volunteer team leader, the staff liaison, and other related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.