The Recreation and Leisure Activities Program Team Leader will educate professional and student members of these programs, promote intercollegiate tournaments, establish procedures, and recruit volunteer tournament directors to facilitate the importance of community as it relates to the college union.
Reporting to the Student Programs team leader and being supported by the programs assistant staff liaison, for a two-year-term, the Recreation and Leisure Activities Program Team Leader is responsible for:
- Initiating, promoting, and guiding intercollegiate tournaments in the various games areas to supplement campus programs for the purpose of stimulating interest, participation, and quality of presentation in these activities at the campus level.
- Establishing standards and procedures for participation in ACUI produced tournaments.
- Evaluating, assessing, and implementing improvements to the program.
- Consulting and collaborating with the Central Office concerning the program budget, schedule, promotion, recruitment of tournament directors and/or host sites, and overall management of events.
- Maintaining enthusiasm to lead the development and coordination of the overall direction and format of the annual tournaments, including the site selection, recruitment of sponsors, execution of partnership agreements, programmatic elements including any meals and entertainment.
- Gathering and disseminating information relating to union games, programs, and facilities.
- Serving as a member of the Student Programs Team, including active participation in regular meetings and/or conference calls.
- Attending scheduled Association meetings as required—at minimum but not limited to the annual conferences and the gatherings of the Student Programs Team through the end of the term.
We continue to seek applications for this volunteer opportunities.
A screening committee made up of the staff liaison and related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.