The I-LEAD® Program Team leader works with Central Office to coordinate the ACUI's annual premier student leadership program, the Institute for Leadership Education and Development. This volunteer serves ACUI's mission by providing opportunities for education and networking to develop student leaders.
Reporting to the Student Programs team leader and being supported by the educational program manager staff liaison, for a two-year-term, the I-LEAD® Program Team leader is responsible for:
- Designing and coordinating, with the Central Office, the annual premier student leadership program known as the Institute for Leadership Education and Development (I-LEAD®).
- Assembling and directing the I-LEAD® Curriculum Committee to perform curriculum development and program design.
- Assisting ACUI entities in understanding and promoting the I-LEAD® program.
- Communicating regularly with the Central Office liaison and members of the program team on the site acquisition, content development, implementation, marketing, and assessment of I-LEAD®.
- Assisting as needed in preparing an annual plan of work, income projections, and budget needed to accomplish these objectives.
- Assisting in the recruitment, selection, and training of the I-LEAD® facilitation team volunteers, including developing resources and materials for lead facilitators, small group facilitators, and student interns.
- Participating in the recruitment, transition, and training of the subsequent program team leader, as mutually agreed upon with the Central Office liaison.
- Serving as a member of the Student Programs Team, including active participation in regular meetings and/or conference calls.
- Attending scheduled Association meetings as required—at minimum but not limited to the annual conferences and the gatherings of the Student Programs Team through the end of the term.
- Serving as a lead facilitator for the I-LEAD® program, typically held in July annually, including trainings prior to program start, though additional event attendance may be requested, as available.
Potential I-LEAD® Program Team leaders should have a background or experience in leadership education, developing educational programs, and have previous experience as a facilitation team member of the I-LEAD® or I-LEAD® Connect program.
Applications for this opportunity are due October 16. A screening committee made up of the staff liaison and related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.