Members of the ACUI Education and Research Fund will be a part of a team to establish fundraising campaigns and strategic initiatives to advance success related to the Annual Fund, endowment funds, and conference fundraising events. Volunteers will gain valuable fundraising, leadership, and collaboration skills in this position.
Reporting to the ACUI Education and Research Fund Chair and supported by the Events and Operations Manager staff liaison, for a two-year term, team members are responsible for:
- Raising monies on behalf of ACUI for: the ACUI Annual Fund, which supports general scholarships and Association research initiatives; and the ACUI individual endowed funds, which endow specific scholarship named in honor of significant Association members and events.
- Creating a culture of giving within the Association.
- Serving on subcommittees of the team: to coordinate and implement an Annual Fund campaign; to develop and manage giving campaigns to reach appropriate levels in each endowed fund; to plan and implement fundraising events at the ACUI annual conference; and to implement communication efforts, including the website content and marketing.
- Performing team responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
- Participating in scheduled program team meetings, including monthly conference calls and a face-to-face meeting at the annual conference.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality in proprietary ERF business, particularly in the identity of donors and amounts donated.
Applications for this opportunity will be collected again in April 2021. The written application will ask you to:
- Provide your name, institution, and contact information
- Describe your relevant professional experience, ACUI volunteer experience, other professional/community volunteer experience, and/or educational background
- Describe what skills and perspectives you possess that would contribute to your success as an ACUI volunteer
- Explain why you are interested in volunteering for this specific opportunity
To discuss volunteering with your institution to ensure that they are supportive of your involvement, download these About Volunteer with ACUI talking points [pdf] to share additional information about what it means to be a volunteer.
A screening committee made up of the volunteer team leader, the staff liaison, and other related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.