The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program Team has been established by the Board of Trustees to support the development of programs and educational content for members to advance their competency in social justice. While the team will collaborate with other ACUI component groups, its purpose is to advance the vision of the Association related to diversity, equity, and inclusion through new and standalone educational programs and initiatives. In this role, volunteers will enhance their professionals skills, expand their network, connect, communicate, and share ideas with peers.
Reporting to the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program Team co-chairs and supported by ACUI's senior diversity professional, for a two-year term, team members are expected to:
- Work both collaboratively and independently, fulfilling deadlines and task responsibilities.
- Operate with empathy, advocating for the needs of others.
- Have knowledge of practices to include the following:
- Understanding of social justice education
- Understanding of/impact of identity, power, privilege and oppression
- Understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Be willing to research emerging relevant theories and best practices regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion along with social justice.
- Be aware of one’s participation in oppression and privilege.
- Have prior experience creating curriculum or facilitation dialogue.
- Have institutional support for their involvement, with encouraged attendance at the ACUI Annual Conference.