Corporate Partnerships Development Team Member
This Association-level planning position is ideal for those interested in collaborating to create experiences that engage members through events, research, fundraising, and other opportunities.
Reporting to the Corporate Partnerships Development Team Chair and supported by the corporate partnerships manager staff liaison, for a two-year term, team members are responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with volunteers and Central Office staff to strategically enhance the corporate partner experience by expanding the scope of participation in ACUI programs; identifying creative ways that corporate participants can support the initiatives of ACUI at all levels; and contributing new ideas, programs, and initiatives to further the ACUI Expo and associate member value.
- Assisting the Regional Corporate Partnership Coordinators with regional corporate opportunities, as needed.
- Identifying new potential corporate participants and assist in efforts to retain existing corporate partners.
- Educating institutional members about the value associate members bring to ACUI by supporting the relationships between ACUI institutional members and associate members.
- Assisting with hosting the ACUI Expo at the annual and regional conferences, and participating in socials, focus groups, and recognition of participation with the ACUI Expo participants.
- Collaborating with other team members to regularly contact ACUI associate members.
- Ensuring that corporate satisfaction is at the absolute highest levels possible.
Applications for this position are due April 24. The written application will ask you to:
- Provide your name, institution, and contact information
- Describe your relevant professional experience, ACUI volunteer experience, other professional/community volunteer experience, and/or educational background
- Describe what skills and perspectives you possess that would contribute to your success as an ACUI volunteer
- Explain why you are interested in volunteering for this specific opportunity
To discuss volunteering with your institution to ensure that they are supportive of your involvement, download these About Volunteer with ACUI talking points [pdf] to share additional information about what it means to be a volunteer.
A screening committee made up of the volunteer team leader, the staff liaison, and other related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.Apply Now
At the time of application, individuals must have: employment at a higher education institution; institutional or individual membership; a signed institutional support form; and a commitment to fulfilling the duties of the position for the length of the term. Applicants must also demonstrate an understanding of ACUI’s vision, core values, and core competencies, as well as the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Association planning volunteer positions require a commitment of two years. While projects vary by season and role, over the course of the term, volunteers should anticipate approximately six to eight hours of conference call and project work per month.