Members of the Conference Program Team will join Chair Missy Burgess, University of Wisconsin–Oshkosh, in creating a welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and educational environment at ACUI's largest event, while showcasing their talents through collaboration with colleagues. In this role, volunteers will enhance their professionals skills, expand their network, connect, communicate, and share ideas with peers. The 2022 Annual Conference will occur March 13–17, 2022 in Chicago.
Reporting to the 2022 Conference Program Team chair and supported by a staff liaison, for a two-year term, team members are expected to:
Each candidate must also be available to attend the Conference Program Team's working meetings in Chicago. Expenses for these meetings are covered by the association. The dates for the meetings are not yet confirmed but will take place within the following timeframe:
- Planning meeting in the second half of 2020.
- Arrive before the 2021 Annual Conference in New York City for a meeting.
- Planning meeting in mid-2021.
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.
Applications for this opportunity will be collected again in April 2021. The written application will ask you to:
- Provide your name, institution, and contact information
- Describe your relevant professional experience, ACUI volunteer experience, other professional/community volunteer experience, and/or educational background
- Describe what skills and perspectives you possess that would contribute to your success as an ACUI volunteer
- Explain why you are interested in volunteering for this specific opportunity
- Upload a signed Institutional Support Form [pdf], as this position requires travel, financial support
to register for event(s), and/or significant out-of-office time
To discuss volunteering with your institution to ensure that they are supportive of your involvement, download these About Volunteer with ACUI talking points [pdf] to share additional information about what it means to be a volunteer.
A screening committee made up of the volunteer team leader, the staff liaison, and other related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.