Regional conference coordinators provide leadership to the planning efforts for the premier educational and networking event of the region. This position expands the volunteer's network and develops skills in event planning, establishing vision, and managing teams.
Reporting to the regional director and being supported by the events and
operations manager staff liaison, for a two-year term, regional conference
coordinators are responsible for:
- Recruiting, selecting, and leading a committee to plan the regional conference.
- Establishing a planning team from the host institution in support of the conference committee.
- Coordinating monthly conference calls with the Regional Conference Planning Team and conference host institution representatives.
- Providing a cost-effective, educational, and engaging experience for professionals and students that supports and advances the mission of ACUI.
- Working closely with the business manager to prepare a budget for the conference and with the host institution to minimize conference expenses.
- Completing a report after the regional conference for the Regional Leadership Team, which includes final budget numbers, participation numbers, and program evaluation results.
- Ensuring the regional conference evaluation of the educational program and conference logistics is completing, in partnership with the ACUI Education Council.
- Collaborating with other members of the Regional Leadership Team for their needs related to the regional conference, including awards presentations, corporate involvement, inclusivity, regional communications, volunteer recognition, and website.
- Assisting the regional director in recruiting future regional conference locations.
- Working with the incoming regional conference coordinator to ensure a smooth transition of conference planning information and resources.
Previous experience on the Regional Leadership Team or a Regional Conference Planning Team is beneficial, though not required. Additional time may be required during the months leading up to the Regional Conference.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in scheduled Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. These typically include monthly conference calls; a face-to-face meeting at the regional conference; and a second face-to-face meeting at a time determined by the team.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
Direct expenses for conducting association or regional business for meetings are covered by the association. However, positions requiring the volunteer to travel and be registered for conferences and events, which is a commitment of the institution.
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel
restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should
still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions
on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.
Apply by June 26 for open positions in your region. The written application will ask you to:
- Provide your name, institution, and contact information.
- Describe your relevant experiences and your skills/perspectives that would contribute to your success as a volunteer
- Select which volunteer opportunities you are interested in
- Upload a signed Institutional Support Form [pdf], as this position requires travel, financial support
to register for event(s), and/or significant out-of-office time
Region I Region II
Region III Region IV
Region V Region VI Region VII
We acknowledge the challenges associated with the unknowns of professional development and travel support in the times ahead for higher education, so we are happy to discuss institutional support circumstances with interested individuals and make appropriate accommodations. We will be as flexible as possible, so please do not allow this form alone be a factor in keeping you from submitting an application.
To discuss volunteering with your institution to ensure that they are supportive of your involvement, download these About Volunteer with ACUI talking points [pdf] to share additional information about what it means to be a volunteer.
A screening committee made up of the volunteer team leader, the regional membership experience coordinator, and other related volunteers will review applications, interview candidates, and make recommendations for selections.