Recognition coordinators oversee the processes associated with highlighting the efforts of regional members—including institutions, associate members, professionals, and students—for the contributions they make to the region and the overall Association. This position assists the region in showcasing the value of advancing campus community.
Reporting to the regional director and being supported by the director of volunteer and member engagement staff liaison, for a two-year term, recognition coordinators are responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a volunteer recognition plan, including those at the regional conference in collaboration with the Regional Conference Planning Team.
- Coordinating the awards and scholarship process for the region—including planning for promotion and website content in collaboration with the communications coordinator, and maintaining and updating application forms.
- Working with other Regional Leadership Team members to identify potential nominees and solicit applications.
- Convening a selection committee of at least two additional volunteers to review nominations/applications and select winners.
- Coordinating the presentation of awards and scholarships, including ordering plaques, writing presentation scripts, recruiting award presenters, and any other announcements or publications, as appropriate for each award/scholarship.
- Facilitating communication with applicants and recipients for awards and scholarships.
- Communicating with event planners and the business manager about scholarships to ensure that recipients get processed and registered for programs in a timely manner.
- Collaborating on projects with the Regional Leadership Team and Regional Conference Planning Team to raise funds to support scholarships.
- Writing regular content for regional communications highlighting member accomplishments.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in scheduled Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. These typically include monthly conference calls; a face-to-face meeting at the regional conference; and a second face-to-face meeting at a time determined by the team.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
Direct expenses for conducting association or regional business for meetings are covered by the association. However, positions requiring the volunteer to travel and be registered for conferences and events, which is a commitment of the institution.
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel
restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should
still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions
on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.
Apply by June 26 for open positions in your region. The written application will ask you to:
- Provide your name, institution, and contact information.
- Describe your relevant experiences and your skills/perspectives that would contribute to your success as a volunteer
- Select which volunteer opportunities you are interested in
- Upload a signed Institutional Support Form [pdf], as this position requires travel, financial support
to register for event(s), and/or significant out-of-office time
Region I Region II
Region III Region IV
Region V Region VI Region VII
We acknowledge the challenges associated with the unknowns of professional development and travel support in the times ahead for higher education, so we are happy to discuss institutional support circumstances with interested individuals and make appropriate accommodations. We will be as flexible as possible, so please do not allow this form alone be a factor in keeping you from submitting an application.
To discuss volunteering with your institution to ensure that they are supportive of your involvement, download these About Volunteer with ACUI talking points [pdf] to share additional information about what it means to be a volunteer.
A screening committee made up of the volunteer team leader, the regional membership experience coordinator, and other related volunteers will review applications, interview candidates, and make recommendations for selections.