Inclusivity coordinators serve as a resource and advocate for strengthening inclusivity within the region and Association. The inclusivity coordinator infuses best practices around diversity, inclusivity, and social justice into the region's programs, services, and communications—serving as a knowledge base and resource for other members of the Regional Leadership Team.
Reporting to the regional director and being supported by the director of content curation staff liaison, for a two-year term, inclusivity coordinators are responsible for:
- Developing strategies to advance ACUI’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, creating and maintaining a sense of community and inclusion for all its constituents and raising awareness regarding issues of oppression.
- Providing information and best practices for inclusion for all event sites, including restrooms, pronouns, accessibility, universal design, and dietary needs—training members of the Regional Leadership Team and Regional Conference Planning Team as appropriate.
- Leading outreach efforts to welcome and engage event attendees from the region who are newcomers, from small delegations, or from institutions outside of the U.S.—specifically planning programs in collaboration with the Regional Conference Planning Team.
- Assisting the member experience coordinator in the recruitment and selection of diverse volunteers for opportunities in the region, serving as a member of the screening committee for volunteer selections.
- Collaborating with the educational program coordinator and regional conference coordinator to ensure there are educational initiatives that will enhance members' skill sets associated with the Intercultural Proficiency core competency—reviewing educational session proposals as appropriate and/or hosting roundtable events to address issues of inclusion in higher education.
- Promoting the efforts and achievements at member institutions in the region related to diversity and inclusion.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in scheduled Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. These typically include monthly conference calls; a face-to-face meeting at the regional conference; and a second face-to-face meeting at a time determined by the team.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
Direct expenses for conducting association or regional business for meetings are covered by the association. However, positions requiring the volunteer to travel and be registered for conferences and events, which is a commitment of the institution.
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel
restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should
still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions
on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.
Apply by June 26 for open positions in your region. The written application will ask you to:
- Provide your name, institution, and contact information.
- Describe your relevant experiences and your skills/perspectives that would contribute to your success as a volunteer
- Select which volunteer opportunities you are interested in
- Upload a signed Institutional Support Form [pdf], as this position requires travel, financial support
to register for event(s), and/or significant out-of-office time
Region I Region II
Region VI Region VII
We acknowledge the challenges associated with the unknowns of professional development and travel support in the times ahead for higher education, so we are happy to discuss institutional support circumstances with interested individuals and make appropriate accommodations. We will be as flexible as possible, so please do not allow this form alone be a factor in keeping you from submitting an application.
To discuss volunteering with your institution to ensure that they are supportive of your involvement, download these About Volunteer with ACUI talking points [pdf] to share additional information about what it means to be a volunteer.
A screening committee made up of the volunteer team leader, the regional membership experience coordinator, and other related volunteers will review applications, interview candidates, and make recommendations for selections.