Regional directors serve as the chief administrator of their region, representing regional activities to other ACUI leaders and members. Through this role, volunteers have the opportunity to make a positive impact on campus community through engaging regional programs and to obtain career development as a visible leader in the profession.
Serving on the ACUI Leadership Team, overseeing a Regional Leadership Team, and being supported by the Director of Volunteer & Member Engagement staff liaison, for a two-year elected term, regional directors are responsible for:
- Appointing, transitioning, and supervising all members of the Regional Leadership Team, task force members, program and project management teams, with the advice of the Regional Leadership Team. When specific positions are vacant the regional director will serve as the communications link with the Central Office for these responsibilities.
- Attending all annual conferences, pre- and post-conference meetings for the regional directors, all regional conferences, and any special events and/or meetings as necessary.
- Attending and participate in leadership training hosted by the Central Office.
- Leading the Regional Leadership Team through an annual goals process.
- Preparing and filing all reports required of the position including annual budget reports, monthly regional updates, and an end of term report for the incoming regional director.
- Guiding the planning of all regional activities keeping in mind the educational and strategic goals of the Association.
- Supervising the work of all members of the Regional Leadership Team to ensure their work is being completed to meet regional goals and ACUI standards.
- Serve as a member of the ACUI Leadership Team, including participating in the regular meetings, projects, and other assignments.
- Work with other regional directors in determining Regional Leadership Team positions, adjusting regional procedures and expectations, and making related policy recommendations.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in the scheduled face-to-face Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. One meeting should take place at the regional conference and the other at the time decided by the team.
- Participating in monthly Regional Leadership Team conference calls throughout the year.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
Applications for open positions in odd-numbered regions will be due April 17. All of the following information must be received by the deadline to be included on the ballot for the election:
- A complete application form, including responses to:
- Name, institution, and contact information
- What you believe to be the most important issues facing ACUI's regions and how that Association should respond
- Your relevant professional experience, ACUI volunteer experience, other professional/community volunteer experience, and/or educational background.
- What skills and perspective you possess that would contribute to your success as an ACUI volunteer
- A signed Institutional Support Form [pdf], as this position requires travel, financial support to register
for event(s), and/or significant out-of-office time
- A personal photo to be used in publication associated with the election process
To discuss volunteering with your institution to ensure that they are supportive of your involvement, download these About Volunteer with ACUI talking points [pdf] to share additional information about what it means to be a volunteer.
Candidates for regional director are elected by eligible voting members of the region, following the ACUI Election General Policies and Procedures [pdf].