Graduate students serving on the Conference Management Team join the staff and volunteers to assist in the implementation of the Annual Conference. Through this opportunity, members develop long-lasting relationships with peers, build professional connections through interactions with ACUI members, learn about the mission and operations of a higher education professional association, and develop skills in large event management, communication, problem solving, and customer service.
Reporting to the ACUI educational program manager, team members will be responsible for:
- Participating in staff training and meetings
- Preparing registration materials and assisting with on-site registration
- Assisting with the setup, staffing, and packing of the conference office
- Performing checks of room, audio-visual, and equipment setups
- Managing traffic flow at conference events and educational sessions
- Serving as a resource to conference delegates
- Assisting in the preparation of projects and tasks for conference onsite
ACUI will provide selected team members with: conference registration; hotel accommodations (quad occupancy with other students from the team); the opportunity to meet and work with the ACUI Central Office staff, ACUI leadership, and conference planning volunteers; and an experience that will be treasured personally and professionally.
Selected individuals are responsible for:
- Arranging transportation to and from the conference hotel in Boston.
- Arriving by 3 p.m. on February 23, 2023, and not departing until midday on March 2, 2022.
Applications for this opportunity are due by December 2. Required materials include:
- Responses to application questions;
- A current resume;
- Two reference letters, one of which must be from an ACUI professional member.
A screening committee made up of the staff liaison and related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.