The 2023 Student Organizations Institute will be June 26–29 at Wayne State University!
If you are a student organization advisor, whether a new or seasoned professional, the Student Organizations Institute offers you opportunities to network with your peers.
With a variety of engaging session formats, you will explore best and promising practices; learn strategies for risk management, advisor development, and student leadership development; and discover valuable resources to make the work that you do easier. In addition, you will be challenged to work collaboratively with your peers as you experience simulations based on real-life scenarios and as you co-create programs and activities that can be implemented on your campus.
*You must be 18 years old or older to participate.
By participating in this experience, you will:
- Gain strategies and skill sets that support advancement in the area of student organization management.
- Learn relevant trends impacting student organizations in higher education—including organization policies, inclusive practices, and best and emerging practices.
- Develop competence in assessment, organizational leadership and management, risk management, and adapting in the changing landscape of higher education.
- Create a network of peers who can support you through your journey.
Both full and commuter registration includes lunch and dinner on June 27 the second day and lunch on June 28. Full registration also includes lodging during the event. Those choosing commuter registration should make their own accommodations.
EARLY DEADLINE (through May 17)
- Full Registration Member: $675
- Full Registration Nonmember: $850
- Commuter Registration Member: $485
- Commuter Registration Nonmember: $650
REGULAR DEADLINE (May 18–June 16*)
- Full Registration Member: $775
- Full Registration Nonmember: $950
- Commuter Registration Member: $585
- Commuter Registration Nonmember: $750
Chatsworth Suites (an on-campus residence hall) is provided as a lodging option. You can make your reservation in registration when using the "Full Registration" rate.
There are two-, four-, and six-person suites. In registration, you will have option to list roommate(s) preference. You must register by June 12, 2023 to reserve a room.
Amenities and Services
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Suite-style private bath
- Linens provided (one pillow, one blanket, two flat sheets, one bath towel, one washcloth)
630 Merrick Street
Detroit, MI 48202
Detroit Metropolitan Wayne Count Airport (DTW) is the closest international airport to Wayne State University.
McGregor Memorial Center is located at 496 Gilmour Mall, Detroit, MI 48202. Driving directions can be accessed here. Parking will be available in Parking Structure 2. Parking Structure 1 is located at 5150 Lodge Service Dr. There is an $8.50 per day fee.