The regional director is an elected position that serves as the chief administrator for the region and as the primary liaison between the association officers, Central Office, other regional directors, project program teams, and member institutions.
There are 11 positions on the Regional Leadership Team in each of ACUI’s eight regions, all playing an important role in the success of regional programs and services through their dedication as volunteers. Applications for open positions on the Region VII Leadership Team will be collected again in June 2020.
Members of these teams collaborate with the regional conference coordinator and host team coordinator to plan all needs before, during, and after the regional conference each year.
Volunteers may be asked to work in the following areas: Education, Entertainment & Student Engagement, Fundraising, Keynotes & Volunteerism, Logistics & Mobile App, Vendors, and Registration.
Host Team Application
The Episodic Volunteer Teams will compose of students, both undergraduate and graduate, as well as professionals. Led by the Regional Leadership Team coordinators, this is a regional volunteer position that has expectations but no official requirements
regarding time or attendance.
To join one of the teams below, please apply online. The corresponding Regional Leadership Team coordinator will review your application and be in contact
regarding this volunteer opportunity.
Awards and Scholarship Team
The Awards and Scholarship Team is a committee of people who will be called upon in mid-October and May to review nominations and submissions for various regional award and scholarship opportunities. If selected, committee members review and provide feedback
on submissions/nominations while avoiding personal conflicts of interest. This may be conducted via email and/or conference call.
Educational Program Team
Members of the Educational Program Team will:
- participate in educational and online education programs that the region hosts.
- volunteer to take on delegated tasks necessary to the successful execution of Region VII educational programming.
- have opportunities to work with the inclusivity and online learning coordinators if they require assistance in their education programming.
- participate in a monthly conference call led by the educational program coordinator to check in on progress and plans for upcoming programs, and to reflect on past programs.
Regional Conference Educational Session Review Committee
Members of the Regional Conference Educational Session Review Committee will be called upon some time between late-July and September to review educational sessions submitted for Region VII's regional conference. This committee should keep in mind ACUI
Core Competencies, professional and student interests, and offer a variety of topics to our regional delegates.
Members of the Communications Team will:
- Be given opportunities to help generate content for regional communication, including but not limited to newsletters, visual communication, and video production.
- Volunteer to take on delegated tasks from the communications coordinator and/or web & social media coordinator.
- Be asked to commit minimal time throughout the year based on their own availability and interest in graphic design, writing, photography, and editing.
For more information regarding Regional Volunteer Opportunities, please contact Tiffany Brodner.