Region VII Scholarships
Region VII offers scholarships that help advance professionals and students through participation in educational events.
Please take a moment to review the scholarship guidelines below, gather your materials, and submit an application along with your required documents. To be considered for a scholarship supporting your attendance at the Region VII Regional Conference in Rutgers New Brunswick, NJ, please ensure you submit your application before October 7, 2023. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Please see below for applicable programs and deadlines.
Please email Region VII Business Manager, Filip Pongratz, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Region VII General Scholarship
Every year, Region VII allows any interested members, whether an undergraduate or graduate student or professional in the field, to apply for scholarship funding to cover up to $500 of registration, lodging, or transportation fees of any ACUI-affiliated program. Programs may include the Women’s Leadership Institute, I-LEAD®, IPDS, Student Organizations Institute, Annual Conference, or a Regional Conference. Applicants are required to submit an essay explaining their desire for the scholarship, which program they would like to attend and why, and a plan for development through attendance at the selected ACUI-affiliated program. If a student, proof of good academic standing is required in addition to a letter of support from their host institution and one letter of recommendation.To be considered for a scholarship to attend Regional Conference 2023, please submit your application no later than October 7, 2023.
To be considered for a scholarship to attend Annual Conference 2024 or I-LEAD 202, please submit your application no later than January 31, 2024. Region VII will be offering 5 total general scholarships for these experiences.
To be considered for a scholarship to attend other ACUI Seminars & Institutes please submit your application no later than May 1, 2023.
Nominations must include:
- Essay explaining the program you would like to attend and why, and a plan for development through attendance at the selected ACUI-affiliated program
- Proof of academic good standing (if a student)
- One letter of recommendation
- Financial breakdown of registration, lodging, or transportation fees in which you are requesting scholarship funds for
- Acknowledgment that fees exceeding the $500 covered by Region VII are at cost to the host institution or individual
- Acknowledgment that transportation/lodging fees will be paid out by scholarship recipient and then reimbursed by Region VII pending verification of receipts