2023 Regional Conference
Join Region VII for our 2023 annual Regional Conference at Rutgers, New Brunswick on November 9-11, 2023!
For questions, please contact Nick Wagner, Regional Conference Coordinator, at email@example.com.
What's New in Region VII
ACUI RVII Hoodies
We have a limited quantity of exclusive ACUI RVII hoodies available to purchase that you will receive during the RVII dinner so you can wear them during the conference, as long as you place the order by 2/24/23!
Do you have students working in your student union? Region VII needs your help to share our brand new Discord server focused on students in Region VII. The Discord will provide students one place to connect with other students in our region, have fun while learning, and get tips and tricks! We have also added in a supervisor channel on our Discord for a place for all supervisors to connect. Please share our Discord with all of your students!
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact the Region VII Student Involvement Coordinator, Chrissie King at Chrissie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Region VII Goals
- Establish and maintain communication pathways and a timetable for regional needs
- Create and increase awareness of products and services available from corporate partners
- Engage regional members in participation of regional communication and strategies
- Demonstrate the value of regional experiences
- Strive to have the most inclusive and diverse experiences and membership within ACUI
- Provide excellent scholarship and award opportunities within the region
- Maximize the opportunities for members, leaders, and corporate partners to connect
- Orient, connect, and continue the engagement of student members at regional and/or international programs, activities, etc.
- Celebrate our member institutions, their unions, and our volunteers
- Attract former and new institutions to the region and Association
- Provide educational programs for professionals and students that create meaningful and valuable takeaways to bring back to their own campus
- Deliver a comprehensive calendar of educational events that spans the year, reaches the many different types of members, and crosses all core competencies of the Association in a purposeful and intentional way
- Utilize different learning styles and formats in delivering educational offerings
- Identify regional experts and experienced members for future and upcoming educational offerings
- Ensure that we foster and embrace an ACUI family feel at all regional events
- Transition all members into Region VII and identify meaningful experiences that will harbor a regional identity and connection to VII
- Engage all regional members in the development of the Region VII story
- Capture regional history and records for archival purposes with the intent to honor our past, present, and future
- Plan thoughtfully and fiscally for the long-term success of the region, its programs, and scholarship longevity
- Maximize participation in all recruited opportunities (volunteers, scholarships, awards)
More About ACUI Region VII
Region VII held a Town Hall in lieu of a meeting at the 2021 Annual Conference. Watch this video to see what was shared!
Past Region VII Conferences
2022: Binghamton, New York
Held November 3-5 at Binghamton University, “Ignite Your Why”
2021: Virtual and Washington, D.C.
November 18–19 and December 2–4, University of Maryland, College Park, and Georgetown University, "Advancing Campus Community"
November 11–13, "Leading Forward"
2019: Glassboro, New Jersey
November 14–16, Rowan University, "Expanding Our Limits"
2018: State College, Pennsylvania
November 1–3, Pennsylvania State University, "Pride in Our Roots"
November 2-4, University of Maryland–Baltimore County, “Discover Your Anthem”
November 11–13, University of Pittsburgh, “Navigating the Current”
November 12–15, Temple University, "Inspiration Everywhere"
2014: Buffalo, New York
November 6–8, University at Buffalo, “Ground Breaking: Our Journey Begins”
Region VII Directors
Anthony Otero, Rutgers University
Vincent Jackson, University of Delaware
Neela Patel, Rutgers University
Michael Patterson, SUNY–New Paltz