Undergraduate Student of the Year Award Recent Recipients
- 2020: Carmen Seda, Marquette University
Graduate Student of the Year Award Recent Recipients
- 2020: Jasmin Valadez, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
“Rising Star” Award for New Professionals Recent Recipients
- 2020: Ashley Hall, University of Illinois–Springfield
This award honors an individual employed by a member institution who has exemplified the mission, vision, and values of their home institution and ACUI. Any individual employed part-time or full-time by an ACUI member institution with a minimum of five years of continuous service (but no more than 15 years) in support of the college union is eligible for the award.
Nominations should address how the candidates meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Creating campus environments that promote student learning and personal development.
- Being involved on their campus beyond their direct area or department.
- Enhancing the quality of work life in ways that make a significant difference for colleagues or customers.
- Providing outstanding and ongoing excellence in service to faculty, staff, students, community, and/or other customers.
- Developing creative solutions to problems that result in significantly more effective and efficient department or university operations.
- Consistently demonstrating one or more of their institution’s values.
- Showing dedication to the ideals of ACUI.
Additional consideration will be given for those who are involved at the college, regional or international levels of ACUI.
Nomination materials must include online nomination form, two letters of recommendation (one must be from a current supervisor), and other supporting documents (if applicable).
“Inspiring Vision” Award for Mid-Level Student Affairs Professionals Recent Recipients
- 2020: Sarah Meyer, University of Wisconsin–River Falls
This award has been established as the highest honor presented by ACUI Region V. The recipient must be a person who has participated in the college union and student activities movement as a professional for a minimum of 10 years and who is active in the field at the time of nomination. The nominee must have attained prominence through their efforts to develop the college union and student activities movement through his or her work within the Association and on campus. Candidates must be:
- A person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability that the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of their college will take pride in and be inspired by this recognition.
- A person eminently successful on campus, in the Association and in the community, with a record of accomplishment that is impressive to the college union and student activities movement.
Nomination packet should include:
- Name, title, and contact information for the person being nominated for the award
- Completed online nomination form
- Supporting evidence of their fulfillment of all eligibility requirements and award criteria (this could include a resume of nominee outlining involvement in ACUI and their contributions to ACUI and their college)
- Two letters of recommendation from professional colleagues and one letter of recommendation from a student that would support the nomination of the person for the award, including present and past positions held in the college union and student activities field, service to ACUI (local, regional, and international), service to the nominee's own campus(es), service to other professional organizations (if applicable), community activity, and other qualifications or comments.
Susan Maul Distinguished Service Award Recent Recipients
- 2020: Maggie Towle, University of Minnesota–Twin Cities
This award is presented to an institution, group, or individual for executing an outstanding program, event, or activity that fosters the enhancement of the campus community. The selection of the award is based on several factors, including student involvement, creativity, and the success of the program. Nomination materials must include online nomination form as well as a summary of the program, addressing title and description of the program (including intended programmatic outcomes). Other supporting documents that may be submitted include: program budget and identified funding sources; evidence of achievement of goals through program evaluations; supporting documentation of program including, but not limited to photos, videos, marketing samples, etc. that directly support the program.
“Igniting Innovation” Award for College Union Programming Recent Recipients
- 2020: #MorrisMission, University of Minnesota–Morris
- First Place: Lunch at the Lanes, Southern Illinois University–Carbondale
- Second Place: VR Haunted House, Southern Illinois University–Carbondale
- First Place: DePaul After Dark: Drag BINGO, DePaul University
- Second Place: Disney Pixar Trivia, University of Wisconsin–Whitewater
- First Place: UIC Dining Brochure, University of Illinois–Chicago
- First Place: Student Involvement Spring 2020 Quarter in Review, DePaul University
- Second Place: DePaul E-sports Infographic, DePaul University
- First Place: College of Pharmacy Annual Report, University of Illinois–Chicago
- First Place: UIC Sports Club Logo, University of Illinois–Chicago
- First Place: MAV-Hunt, Minnesota State University–Mankato
- First Place: Student Centers Bridge Mural, University of Illinois–Chicago
- Second Place: SIU Door Wrap, Southern Illinois University–Carbondale
- First Place: Kimmel Windows, Southern Illinois University–Edwardsville
- Second Place: I AM SIUE Staircase, Southern Illinois University–Edwardsville
- First Place: UIC Life T-Shirt, University of Illinois–Chicago
- First Place: Decades Dash T-Shirt, Southern Illinois University–Edwardsville
- Second Place: Welcome Week 2020 T-Shirt, DePaul University
- First Place: “Don’t Sit Here” Signs, University of Minnesota–Duluth
- First Place: Marquette Homecoming, Marquette University
- First Place: Valentine’s Dogs, University of Minnesota–Duluth
- Second Place: The Great Kirby Quarantine Challenge, University of Minnesota–Duluth
- First Place: Disney Trivia Digital Signage, University of Wisconsin–Whitewater
- First Place: SIU Food Pantry, Southern Illinois University–Carbondale
- First Place: SIU Esports Arena Tour, Southern Illinois University–Carbondale
- Second Place: Friends Trivia Promo Video, University of Wisconsin–Whitewater