This award honors an individual employed by a member institution who has exemplified the mission, vision, and values of their home institution and ACUI. Any individual employed part-time or full-time by an ACUI member institution with a minimum of five years of continuous service (but no more than 15 years) in support of the college union is eligible for the award.
Nominations should address how the candidates meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Creating campus environments that promote student learning and personal development.
- Being involved on their campus beyond their direct area or department.
- Enhancing the quality of work life in ways that make a significant difference for colleagues or customers.
- Providing outstanding and ongoing excellence in service to faculty, staff, students, community, and/or other customers.
- Developing creative solutions to problems that result in significantly more effective and efficient department or university operations.
- Consistently demonstrating one or more of their institution’s values.
- Showing dedication to the ideals of ACUI.
Additional consideration will be given for those who are involved at the college, regional or international levels of ACUI.
Nomination materials must include online nomination form, two letters of recommendation (one must be from a current supervisor), and other supporting documents (if applicable).
This award has been established as the highest honor presented by ACUI Region V. The recipient must be a person who has participated in the college union and student activities movement as a professional for a minimum of 10 years and who is active in the field at the time of nomination. The nominee must have attained prominence through their efforts to develop the college union and student activities movement through his or her work within the Association and on campus. Candidates must be:
- A person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability that the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of their college will take pride in and be inspired by this recognition.
- A person eminently successful on campus, in the Association and in the community, with a record of accomplishment that is impressive to the college union and student activities movement.
Nomination packet should include:
- Name, title, and contact information for the person being nominated for the award
- Completed online nomination form
- Supporting evidence of their fulfillment of all eligibility requirements and award criteria (this could include a resume of nominee outlining involvement in ACUI and their contributions to ACUI and their college)
- Two letters of recommendation from professional colleagues and one letter of recommendation from a student that would support the nomination of the person for the award, including present and past positions held in the college union and student activities field, service to ACUI (local, regional, and international), service to the nominee's own campus(es), service to other professional organizations (if applicable), community activity, and other qualifications or comments.