Student and professional graphic designers working in college unions are encouraged to enter in the Graphics Competition, which recognizes graphic design work based on concept, design, content, and creativity.
- Graphics entries must be dated between October 25, 2018, and October 25, 2019.
- Entries must be submitted on site during conference check in by 5 p.m., Friday, October 25, 2019.
- Submissions can be student, staff, or team designed.
- Work should be presented in a professional manner (i.e., no wrinkled shirts, posters mounted, etc.).
- Each submission must have an information tag attached through the duration of the display.
- Submissions entered in incorrect categories may be moved at the discretion of the Conference Planning Team.
Winning selections will be selected by a set of judges and announced at the closing brunch on October 27. Submissions may be picked up at the end of the conference. Items not picked up within an hour past the conclusion of the conference will be discarded.
Categories for Submission
- Brochures: Bi-fold or tri-fold brochures eligible. Includes information about offices, programs, etc.
- Calendars/schedules: Multi- or single-page
- Digital campaigns: Website, social media, etc. Must print a display of the campaign.
- Logo/brand identity: Printed copies of logos/branding materials
- Miscellaneous: Items such as window displays, decorations, giveaways, etc. These submissions can be made in a form of a printed picture or by bringing in the promotional item.
- Multi-page publications: Magazines, annual reports, etc.
- Posters: 11x17 or smaller
- Promotional campaigns: Several items for promotion of the same thing; these need to be displayed all together, such as on poster board
- T-shirt/item of clothing: Must be displayed on a poster board