Physical wellness focuses on opportunities to maintain a healthy body, through activities such as exercise, eating well, and having healthy sleeping habits. Explore
opportunities this month to be physically active, cook healthy meals, and get your rest.
July Movement Challenge
All regions partnered on an association-wide movement challenge
The winner of the ACUI Movement Challenge is Region II! This region rocked it with a total of 6,017,794 steps and 28 individuals reporting. Region VI placed second with 2,592,273 steps, and honorable mentions go to Region VIII for having the highest average steps per person (276,920) and to Andrea Trevino for logging over 150,000 steps more than any other participant!
As a whole, a total of 20,244,915 steps were logged throughout July—which would have more than covered the distance to travel between our challenge participants in Dublin, Ireland and Kapolei, Hawaii.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this fun event.
Each region had their own super stars:
- Region I – Samantha Liu, California State University, Northridge (245,172 steps)
- Region II - Andrea Trevino, University of Houston (741,052 steps)
- Region III - Kathryn-Ruth Sasser, Auburn University (346,594 steps)
- Region IV - Jenn Cook, Western Washington University (336,626 steps)
- Region V - Steve Fox, Minnesota State University Moorhead (465,907)
- Region VI - Kris Day, University of Michigan–Dearborn (400,850 steps)
- Region VII - Eddie Seavers, Ramapo College (503,179 steps)
- Region VIII - Una Redmond, Dublin City University (540,912 steps)