IPDS: New Professionals Orientation is the premier program for individuals new to the college union and student activities field.
Whether this is a person’s first job out of graduate school or one has made a career change into an activities or union area, this institute will provide the foundation of a successful job or career. Skills and knowledge gained during this seminar will inform and inspire participants, returning them to campus ready to contribute to advancing campus community.
- Further skills in multiple competency areas, fiscal management, human resource, organizational leadership, student learning, and social justice
- Build a network of peers from other institutions to call on for advice and continued learning
- Gather tips and tricks directly applicable to daily work
- Hear lessons learned and best practices from experienced professionals
- Find solutions to common issues in the profession—whether entering the field out of graduate school or making a career change
Please contact Taylor Miotke with any questions.