Given the financial pressures higher education is facing as a result of the pandemic, ACUI created the Financial Assistance Fund to support campus community builders. Grants are available to those whose institutional funds are lessened due to the impact
of the current pandemic, allowing students and professionals to participate in ACUI programs or access needed resources.
While funds are available, this program will offer financial assistance up to a maximum total of $2,000 per institution for requests received after May 1, 2021, in the forms of grants supporting:
- Up to $1,500 for institutional membership
- Up to $1,000 for program registration fees, including:
- 2022 Annual Conference in Chicago
- Seminars and Institutes
- Regional Conferences
- Online Courses
Multiple requests can be submitted, but the total of all awarded grants for an institution after May 1, 2021 shall not exceed $2,000.
Please submit funding requests by these deadlines for consideration. Requests received will be reviewed on a monthly basis following each deadline.
- October 8
- November 12
- December 1
Continued consideration of applications may occur in January, pending availability of funds.
- Institutional membership funds are for renewals, not new members
- Applicants must be at a current member institution
- Applicants must indicate budget reductions for professional development resulting from the current pandemic; supporting documentation is helpful, but a description in the application is sufficient
- Applicants who receive registration funding for the 2022 Annual Conference must lodge at the Sheraton Grand Chicago, unless they are a local registrant commuting to the event
Institutions that received assistance prior to April 30, 2021 (during year one of the fund) are eligible to apply for grants again during year two of the fund.
Applications submitted on the below form should be specifically for registration fees and membership renewals; recipients in need to travel support should consider applying for the Conference Lodging Assistance program.
Please be aware that other ACUI colleagues are also experiencing similar financial hardships during these uncertain times. Please apply for funds only if institutional support has been lessened or temporarily discontinued.