Donations to MidwayUSA Foundation Team Endowment Accounts
ACUI provides funding to teams as part of the ACUI Clay Targets Inc. 501(c)3 entity formed to manage the grant awarded by Larry and Brenda Potterfield. ACUI has been a recipient of the grant since 2012 and will continue to apply as long as it is available.
ACUI hosts both regional competitions and an international competition to not only provide student leadership and competitive opportunities, but also to promote the sport. Through these events, teams share fundraising efforts and best practices as a part of their networking.
Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Endowment Match
The recently launched Peer to Peer fundraising platform provides a new opportunity for teams to increase contributions to their endowment accounts. In order to support and promote this new platform, ACUI will provide a matching contribution to teams who engage in the new platform. This will be a multi-step program, designed to increase fundraising efforts.
- Teams will first need to register and set up their fundraising page. Once they’ve done this, they’ll need to send the link to their page to Alyssa Drew at email@example.com. Once we’ve verified that the page is set up and have verified at least one donation has been received, the team will qualify to receive a $5,000 contribution.
- In addition to the initial contribution, once a team has raised $1,000 and has again emailed a link to their fundraising page for verification, ACUI will contribute a match of $2,000.
- If the team continues to fundraise and reaches $2,000, ACUI will contribute a match of $3,000.
Overall, teams have the opportunity to have a total of $10,000 contributed into their endowment account. A few things to note:
- Participation will be limited to college teams.
- The deadline to raise the funds and receive the match will be March 31, 2020.
ACUI must receive the link to a team’s fundraising page to verify the set up and amount raised. If the link to the team’s fundraising page is not received, funds will not be contributed to the team endowment account.
The 2019 ACUI fundraising match is called 30-30-3000.
The first 30 teams that order a minimum of $1,000 (return value) worth of free fundraising items from MidwayUSA Foundation will receive $1,000 in team endowment funds. The value of the item is based on the minimum amount required to be returned to their MidwayUSA Foundation account. Find current items available here.
The first 30 teams in 2019 that return money to their MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account will be matched by ACUI dollar-for-dollar up to a maximum of $2,000. The maximum a team account can receive from ACUI matching with this promotion is $3,000.
MidwayUSA Foundation match is separate and will only apply to the funds raised by the team and returned to the MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account.
How your team can maximize your fundraising efforts with the help of the MidwayUSA Foundation:
- The award funds earned by teams are donated from ACUI to the MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account for the team earning the award.
- Teams must have a MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account in place with the MidwayUSA Foundation for the award to be donated. To set up a team endowment account, please visit www.midwayusafoundation.org/start-your-account. To understand the terms of holding an account please visit their website. ACUI does not pay teams directly but deposits awards in team accounts directly with the foundation.
you already have an account in your team name, please make plans to
have your account administered in perpetuity by applying for the annual
grant based on your team balance and keeping your team contact
information up to date.
- It’s helpful to have your team name in the ACUI database and the name on your foundation account
be the same. This avoids confusion when the donations are made.
- All awards that include donations to a team endowment account at the MidwayUSA Foundation will be deposited by ACUI. Once donated, the funds belong to the MidwayUSA Foundation in the name of the team and are held in their endowment account.
The donations from ACUI to the MidwayUSA Foundation Team Endowment Accounts were established to benefit collegiate and youth shooting teams and are
made possible, in part, by grants to ACUI from the Tulsa Community
Foundation Youth Shooting Fund established and funded by the generosity of Larry and Brenda Potterfield.