Donations to MidwayUSA Foundation Team Endowment Accounts
ACUI provides funding to teams as part of the ACUI Clay Targets Inc. 501(c)3 entity formed to manage the grant awarded by Larry and Brenda Potterfield. ACUI has been a recipient of the grant since 2012 and will continue to apply as long as it is available.
ACUI hosts both regional competitions and an international competition to not only provide student leadership and competitive opportunities, but also to promote the sport. Through these events, teams share fundraising efforts and best practices as a part
of their networking.
5:1 September Endowment Match
ACUI will be providing a 5:1 match for donations made throughout the month of September. This match is working on top of MidwayUSA Foundation's September Online Donation Drive.
Our maximum contribution amount for this match is $5,000. This means that if you put $1,000 into your endowment, we'll put in an additional $5,000. Additional breakdowns are below:
Donation amount – Match from ACUI
- $25 – $125
- $50 – $250
- $100 – $500
- $250 – $1,250
- $500 – $2,500
- $750 – $3,750
- $1,000 – $5,000
Your original donation will be eligible for matching funds from the foundation, plus you'll be able to receive additional money from the foundation if you’re one of the top 10 teams! A report will be requested from the foundation at the end of the
month and matching contributions from ACUI will be made accordingly. Any questions can be directed to Alyssa at email@example.com.
In honor of Mike Borg, founder and CEO of USA Youth Education in Shooting Sports, we’ll be extending this matching opportunity to all USAYESS teams. To receive the contribution, please forward your donation receipt to Alyssa Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Endowment Match
The recently launched Peer to Peer fundraising platform provides a new opportunity for teams to increase contributions to their endowment
accounts. In order to support and promote this new platform, ACUI will provide a matching contribution to teams who engage in the new platform. This will be a multi-step program, designed to increase fundraising efforts.
- Teams will first need to register and set up their fundraising page. Once they’ve done this, they’ll need to send the link to their page to Alyssa Drew at email@example.com.
Once we’ve verified that the page is set up and have verified at least one donation has been received, the team will qualify to receive a $5,000 contribution.
- In addition to the initial contribution, once a team has raised $1,000 and has again emailed a link to their fundraising page for verification, ACUI will contribute a match of $2,000.
- If the team continues to fundraise and reaches $2,000, ACUI will contribute a match of $3,000.
Overall, teams have the opportunity to have a total of $10,000 contributed into their endowment account. A few things to note:
- Participation will be limited to college teams.
- Contributions will be available for the first 20 teams that participate in this program.
ACUI must receive the link to a team’s fundraising page to verify the set up and amount raised. If the link to the team’s fundraising page is not received, funds will not be contributed to the team endowment account.
How your team can maximize your fundraising efforts with the help of the MidwayUSA Foundation:
- The award funds earned by teams are donated from ACUI to the MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account for the team earning the award.
- Teams must have a MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account in place with the MidwayUSA Foundation for the award to be donated. To set up a team endowment account, please visit www.midwayusafoundation.org/start-your-account. To understand the terms of holding an account please visit their website. ACUI does not pay teams directly but deposits awards in team accounts directly with
- If you already have an account in your team name, please make plans to have your account administered in perpetuity by applying for the annual grant based on your team balance and keeping your team contact information up to date.
- It’s helpful to have your team name in the ACUI database and the name on your foundation account be the same. This avoids confusion when the donations are made.
- All awards that include donations to a team endowment account at the MidwayUSA Foundation will be deposited by ACUI. Once donated, the funds belong to the MidwayUSA Foundation in the name of the team and are held in their endowment account.
The donations from ACUI to the MidwayUSA Foundation Team Endowment Accounts were established to benefit collegiate and youth shooting teams and are made possible, in part, by grants to ACUI from the Tulsa Community Foundation Youth Shooting Fund
established and funded by the generosity of Larry and Brenda Potterfield.