The review process includes, but is not limited to, an assessment of
the criteria listed below. Due to the wide variety of projects that can be considered, a project does not need to meet every criterion. The program must:
- Demonstrate the use of practices that exemplify outstanding creativity or introduce new approaches beyond what is standard.
- Be environmentally and economically feasible.
- Improve, protect, or make a contribution to the sustainable use of natural resources or provides a better quality of life in balance with the natural environment.
All ACUI member institutions are eligible to apply for this award.
For collaborative initiatives or partnerships, all institutions must be
ACUI members. Eligible programs must:
- Have taken place since the beginning of the previous academic year.
- Serve as a model to other campuses for replication.
- Achieve its stated program outcomes and objectives, with evaluation tools in place.
- Agree to allow a summary of their accomplishments to be published.
The application deadline for this campus award is December 6. Submission materials must include the following:
- Name, institution, and contact information of the primary contact for the program.
- Title of the program.
- A two-page summary of the program, addressing:
- Description of the program, including goals and intended outcomes.
- Description and inclusion of the evaluation methods in place for the program, including brief rationale for choosing stated methods.
- Evidence that the program meets the criteria identified for this specific award.
- And one compiled packet of additional supporting documentation for the program, which could include photos, marketing samples, course materials, budget information, testimonials, etc. No page limit exists, but only the first 15 pages will be considered
by the review committee.
Apply by December 6
Electronic notification will be sent to confirm submissions have been received. A confidential Campus Awards Committee, appointed annually by the ACUI president, will review materials to make the selection. One recipient will be chosen, unless otherwise noted for the specific award. One physical award will be given to the recipient, who will be recognized during the awards ceremony at the annual conference and in subsequent publications.