As campus leaders strive to improve their organizations, the College Union and Student Activities Evaluation Program (CUSA) provides an external review and specific recommendations from experienced professionals.
Through document analysis and interactions with stakeholders during campus visits, consultant teams provide practical and objective feedback to help host institutions identify strategies for overcoming current challenges, prioritizing staff and financial
resources, and communicating the value of campus community.
What to Expect
From submitting the initial host intake form to the delivery of the final report, bringing CUSA to your campus takes approximately three months. A typical project involves three consultants spending two and a half days on campus.
With competitive pricing for ACUI member institutions, project costs vary based on the scope of the review, length of the campus visit, and number of consultants requested. In collaboration with the host, ACUI will identify and contract consultants, facilitate
travel and lodging arrangements, organize planning discussions, and oversee the production of the written report.
Examples of Past Projects
CUSA is intentionally customizable for institutions to build a visit based on their unique needs. Past projects include:
- Evaluating how current facilities, services, and procedures are meeting student needs and are aligned with trends in the college union field.
- Completing a comprehensive departmental external review using functional area standards as part of an institution’s assessment schedule.
- Assessing staffing resources, organizational structure, departmental alignment, and position descriptions to best achieve the unit’s mission.
- Recommending programmatic needs to support increased demands related to student organizations, leadership training, and risk management for campus events.
- Identifying how a department can improve communication and collaboration to prepare for the opening of a new student union facility.
- Providing objective insights on how to manage financial resources to achieve the strategic goals of the organization.