Apply for the Board of Trustees
Thinking about who you might like to nominate for a position on the ACUI Board of Trustees or whether you would like to nominate yourself? Helpful information is included on this page to assist in that process.
Later this year, we will be accepting applications for three positions for at-large members (due Oct. 7), one president-elect (due Oct. 7), and one student member (due Dec. 2). Information about these processes are available below.
Relevant Documents for Prospective Applicants to the ACUI Board of Trustees
Below are the 2015–2016 documents that give more context and information to the role of the ACUI Board of Trustees and the election process.
2015–16 Election Timeline
Expectations of Board of Trustees Members
Position Description, At-Large Member
Position Description, President-Elect
Position Description, President
Position Description, Student Member
ACUI Election General Policies and Procedures
ACUI Elections Committee
Governing and Strategic Documents
Application for the Student Position
An application consists of four things:
- A completed Student Board Member Application including information on:
- ACUI background
- Reason for interest
- Relevant leadership experiences
- A letter of support from faculty or staff member
- A completed and signed volunteer agreement form
- A personal photo (300 dpi; all major formats are acceptable)
The application for the Student Member position will be due Dec. 2, 2016.
Application for At-Large and President Positions
An application consists of three things:
- A completed Ballot Information Form including:
- Information on:
- Educational background
- Last 10 relevant workshop and/or seminar facilitation, teaching, research, or publications
- Relevant ACUI volunteer experiences
- Statement of candidacy (please view the form for applicable word limits):
- What do you believe are the most important strategic issues facing the Association within the next three to five years and how should the Association effectively respond?
- Given the Board of Trustees position description, what skills, abilities, and experience do you possess that would contribute to your success as an effective board member?
- A completed Institutional Support Form [.pdf]
- A personal photo (300 dpi; all major formats are acceptable) for publication during the election
The application to run for election for these positions will be Oct. 7, 2016.
For more information, contact Kim Harrington, chair of the 2015–16 ACUI Election Committee, at email@example.com, or Justin Rudisille at the ACUI Central Office at 812.245.8064 or firstname.lastname@example.org.