Test Your System for an ACUI Online Program
To prepare for attending an ACUI online learning program, especially if you have never participated in one before, here are some ways you can test your system.
ACUI uses Adobe Connect software to present its live online programs
- Please check your computer/web browser compatibility on the computer you will be using by going to: http://connect.iu.edu/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. A 30-second test will automatically start when the page loads.
- Upon completion, you should receive confirmation that you are ready for the meeting. Please note that the fourth item in the test, the Adobe Connect plug-in, is NOT required, but may optionally be installed.
- If there are any issues, follow the troubleshooting instructions provided on the site.
For most ACUI online programs, audio is delivered through your computer speakers
- Check your computer’s compatibility with the sound system by going to http://connect.iu.edu/acuiwebinartest. Follow the directions on the left hand side of the screen directing you to test your speakers. Follow the first few steps.
- Make sure that your computer volume is not muted and your speakers are turned on. Also, you can adjust the audio settings on your computer through the control panel or task bar icons, confirming that none of the devices or applications have been muted.
- If you continue to have concerns with the audio delivery, click
here for best practices in using Voice Over IP.
Updated Nov. 19, 2012