The I-LEAD® Connect Program Team leader works with Central Office to coordinate the campus-based version of ACUI’s premier student program. This volunteer serves ACUI's mission by providing opportunities for education and networking to develop student leaders.
Reporting to the Student Programs team leader and being supported by the educational program manager staff liaison, for a two-year-term, the I-LEAD® Connect Program Team leader is responsible for:
- Designing, directing, and coordinating, with the Central Office, the campus-based premier student leadership program known as the Institute for Leadership Education and Development (I-LEAD®) Connect Program.
- Assembling and directing the I-LEAD® Connect Curriculum Committee to perform curriculum development and program design.
- Working in conjunction with the I-LEAD® program volunteers to ensure consistency, as applicable.
- Assisting ACUI entities in understanding and promoting the I-LEAD® Connect program.
- Communicating regularly with the Central Office liaison and members of the program team on the site acquisition, content development, implementation, marketing, and assessment of I-LEAD® Connect.
- Liaising with prospective I-LEAD® Connect customers through the development of their program, including the development of curriculum, schedule, and recruitment of co-leads.
- Assisting as needed in preparing an annual plan of work, income projections, and budget needed to accomplish these objectives.
- Assisting in the recruitment, selection, and training of the I-LEAD® Connect volunteers, including developing resources and materials for the facilitation teams.
- Participating in the recruitment, transition, and training of the subsequent program team leader, as mutually agreed upon with the Central Office liaison.
- Serving as a member of the Student Programs Team, including active participation in regular meetings and/or conference calls.
- Attending scheduled Association meetings as required—at minimum but not limited to the annual conferences and the gatherings of the Student Programs Team through the end of the term.
- Facilitating at least one scheduled I-LEAD® Connect program within a calendar year, though additional event attendance may be requested, as available.
Potential I-LEAD® Connect Program Team leaders should have a background or experience in leadership education, developing educational programs, and have previous experience as a facilitation team member of the I-LEAD® or I-LEAD® Connect program.
At the time of application, individuals must have: employment at a higher education institution; institutional or individual membership; a signed institutional support form; and a commitment to fulfilling the duties of the position for the length of the term. Applicants must also demonstrate an understanding of ACUI’s vision, core values, and core competencies, as well as the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Association planning volunteer positions require a commitment of two years. While projects vary by season and role, over the course of the term, volunteers should anticipate approximately four hours of conference call and project work per month.
Applications for this opportunity are due April 13.
A screening committee made up of the staff liaison and related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.