Campus Life and Program Management Home Page

Note: To post to the ACUI Forum, you must be an ACUI member and logged in to the ACUI website. 

RSS Feed Print Category View
Outdoor Flyer Kiosks
Kim Caltagirone
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2007 2:19 PM

We are currently working on new ideas for promotion and communication with our campus community. One idea was to install outdoor kiosks on the campus green and in other high traffic areas where flyers could be posted. Wanted to get feedback from campuses that have something like this in place on their campuses. While we do have a posting policy in place on our campus, we are particularly interested in who maintains the kiosk so that it does not become an eyesore. Also what do the kiosks look like? Are they locked or can anyone post information on them? Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thank You, Kim Caltagirone Program Coordinator Activities Office Thomas Jefferson University
Brian Goehner
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2007 4:10 PM

There are 12 outdoor concrete kiosks at Arizona State University. A staff member from Student Health and Wellness initiated an "Adopt-a-Kiosk" program for student organizations and departments which has helped to reduce advertisements for bars and minimize what was an eyesore. Each team cleans a kiosk on a weekly basis. FYI - the kiosks had been wooden in the past, which resulted in problems with multiple layers of staples used to post fliers. The concrete is much easier to maintain. Guidelines for posting are listed at http://www.asu.edu/studentaffairs/mu/clubs/advertising.htm There is not a formal process for approval/stamping of fliers or dedicated staff to enforce. However, the kiosk clean-up program has worked out quite well.
Brenna Gailinas(59749)
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:49 AM

Is there a company that specilizes in these kiosks? Can you find them online? My school may be interested in getting one but I'm not sure where to start my search for the proposal.

Jump to different Forum...