Facilities and Operations Home Page

Note: To post to the ACUI Forum, you must be an ACUI member and logged in to the ACUI website. 

RSS Feed Print Category View
Room Reservations Evaluation
Carol Reed(carolreed)
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:16 AM

Hi,

We are looking to create a survey for all students and faculty who use our Room Reservations process in order to evaluate our performance. In our school, Room Reservations is in charge of booking conference rooms and spaces for meetings or campus events. This is the first year that we're planning on conducting this evaluation individually, since we previously just included these services in the Welcome Center Desk evaluation. 

We were wondering if you could share any ideas or suggestions regarding the types of surveys you used or questions you might ask. We are also very interested in any ideas regarding how to distribute these surveys.

Thank you!

Larry Mosher(larrym46)
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:26 AM

Here is the link to the room satisfaction survey we use at Valparaiso University. I hope this is helpful. If you have any questions please let me know. We do it all on line.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22DARDXYU5C

Toni Koch(tkoch)
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:49 PM

Hi Carol,

I attached our Satisfaction Survey to this post. I'm not sure if you have a plan yet for distribution of this survey. We've struggled a bit with this piece, especially with getting feedback from staff & students who book multiple (and sometimes many) events in our union. We find they tend to get inundated with our surveys, and not fill any out. I don't want to hijack your post, but I don't know if you have any suggestions on how you plan to distribute their satisfaction surveys, and how often.

Good luck!

Toni Koch

West Chester University

File Attachment(s):
Sykes Satisfaction Survey.docx (19242 bytes)

Mary Tosch(mtosch)
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:57 PM

Hi Folks,

We do a cycle of administering our event services evaluation.  Each year, we target a different population to get feedback from.  An example: 

Year 1: External groups

Year 2: Faculty/Staff

Year 3: Students

Repeat. 

This gives us an opportunity to work on the comments received, make any improvements needed and then assess it after it's been implemented.  It also makes it easier to manage with not trying to get feedback from everyone at once. 

Just a thought,

Mary Tosch

Bemidji State University

Larry Mosher(larrym46)
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:25 PM

Here at Valparaiso University we have decided to direct the majority of our energy to surveying our outside business and major events on the campus. We periodically survey those groups that meet on a regular basis. We found out the same as you did that no one wants to fill out a survey every week they meet. We have one of our student office assistants send out the survey via email (surveymonkey) every couple weeks. It still has flaws, but we are getting more accurate information than we did. Via web also saves on paper and makes it much easier to compile the information. The web site is in the previous email I sent out. If you wish I can forward it to you. Just let me know.
Carol Reed(carolreed)
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:22 AM

Thank you everyone for your help!

Toni, we are still not sure as to how we will  be distributing our surveys. We had discussed sending them via email after groups had their meetings, but Larry made a good point about some groups ending up receiving the same survey each week after their meetings. 

Larry, you mentioned you surveyed regular groups periodically - what about groups that are not that regular? Do you just send out the survey each time they make a reservation?

Thanks again.

Jump to different Forum...