Note: To post to the ACUI Forum, you must be an ACUI member and logged in to the ACUI website. 

RSS Feed Print Category View
Sales & Solicitation Tables
Anita Gabbard(agabbard)
Posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 1:27 PM
Joined: 6/22/2007
Posts: 71

I would like to know what you call your "sales & solicitation" tables on your campuses?  (ie the areas you allow student groups to sell tickets, promote an event, or raise awareness of an issue, etc.)   


Currently in our facility, we called them Sales & Solicitation tables; however, while in the process of designing signs for these areas, we began to wonder if students would really know what that meant and if there was a better name to call this type of function/table.  Students usually just ask for a "table" when reserving a space for this type of activity but I don't think that would make for a very good sign.  : )


Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Mary Tosch(mtosch)
Posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 1:30 PM
Joined: 6/25/2007
Posts: 74

We call our table are the "Promotional Tables".  These tables are used for all sorts of promotion of organizations, events, etc. 

Good Luck,

Mary Tosch

Bemidji State University

Jon Burk(jburk)
Posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 2:24 PM
Joined: 4/27/2007
Posts: 168

We call ours "InfoTables" or "Information Tables", but I sort of like "Sales & Solicitation Tables" for the signs as well. But you're right, students mostly do call them just "lobby tables". Since ours are all actually in one location, essentially down a long hallway and into our main lounge that you almost have to to through if you are visiting the main floor of the Union, they sometimes refer to our main lobby/lounge as "Harassment Hallway" and refer to reserving "Harassment Tables". Not to us of course, but amongst themselves. I personally would recommend against referring to your tables as Harassment Tables.
Jon Burk, Director
College Union & Conference Services 
Baldwin-Wallace College 

Jump to different Forum...