Note: To post to the ACUI Forum, you must be an ACUI member and logged in to the ACUI website. 

RSS Feed Print Category View
Examples of (online) Student Building Manager Logs
Robb Ryan Thibault(robberq)
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2011 1:43 PM

Hi All
I am looking for examples of online shift reporting used by your building manager staff.  Especially having the capability to permit edits and comments and to store online instead of having to print a pages

Thank you

R
obb Ryan Q. Thibault, M.S.
Director, Charles W. Hunt College Union
State University of New York, College at Oneonta
Room 220C
Oneonta, NY 13820
Telephone- 607.436.3013
Fax -  607.436.2415

Hunt College Union Mission Statement
"The Hunt College Union will promote and provide intentional co-curricular and social opportunities for the campus and surrounding communities that support the mission of the college, enhance the collegiate experience, and build community."

Frank Michael Muñoz(frankmichael)
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:12 PM

Hi Robb,

We use a SharePoint system to manage logs from our Building Managers, Info Desk Staff, Reservations folks, Techs and even our Program Board.

Lina Balcom (Lina.Balcom@uvm.edu) supervises the Student Building Managers currently and can show you more if you are interested.

FM

-- 

Frank Michael (FM) Muñoz
Assistant Director for Campus Programs
Department of Student Life
Dudley H. Davis Center
University of Vermont

email: FM.Munoz@uvm.edu
telephone: 802.656.2060

mail:
Dudley H. Davis Center
590 Main Street, Room 310
Burlington, VT 05405

learn: uvm.edu/studentlife
follow: twitter.com/uvm_upb

David Pennock(dhpennoc)
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:11 AM

Hey Robb!  We have created a wiki on google for our student employees.  It includes reports for all our students including building managers.  Email me directly and I can set you up with access to view it and we can talk more after that. 

Dave

David Pennock

Assistant Director, Facilities and Operations

Syracuse University

dhpennoc@syr.edu 

Anita Gabbard(agabbard)
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2011 1:04 PM

We also use Sharepoint Team pages for all of our reports.  We are totally paperless.  Those that use it are:  Student Building Manager; Full-time Event Setup Supervisors; Maintenance Mechanic; Student Information Center staff; and Student Receptionist.

We don't only use this for reports, we use the task section for work orders, special cleaning requests, etc.  We also use the shared folder section to share documents among our staff.  I am working on a way to post our room diagrams on the site as well.

It took some setting up, and we had a great part-time staff member who assisted me with that, but now that it is up and going, I am able to have my student webdesigner do the maintenance.

I highly recommend it and would be happy to talk to you further.  Email:  anita.gabbard@indstate.edu

Anita Gabbard
Indiana State University

Wayne Otis Mamed(omamed)
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:24 AM

You might want to check the post in Facilities and Operations... for building manager logs.  I can't seem to find a way to paste in the URL, but it is a post from last April I think.

At any rate, we have been using FileMaker databases forever to do our Building Manager logs... and all of our Info Desk, Tech, Game Room logs too!  Building Managers use an IPAD to do this work in a portable fashion.  It can be accessed by client software, or via a web-based interface as well, but only on campus. (Sorry.)

I think some folks mentioned a version of our software that Bridgewater State modeled theirs after.  I can probably post some screen shots but if someone has a FileMaker server, I can send you a blank our our file for you to modify to your liking, so long is it is for your use only!

W. 'Otis' Mamed, MS. Director, CCSU Student Center
http://stdctr.ccsu.edu | Personal Twitter = omamed
Events http://today.ccsu.edu | Event Tweet=CCSUToday

Jump to different Forum...