- 11 a.m. — Conference Registration Opens
- Noon — Campus Tours
- Noon — Reitz Union Extended Tours Begin (run every hour)
- Noon — Preconference Tours Begin (Campus and Facilities)
- 2–4 p.m. — Senior Professional Experience
- 2 p.m. — Career Center Opens
- 3 p.m. — Hotel Checkin Begins at Holiday Inn-University Center
- 4:30–5 p.m. — Newcomers Welcome and Student Welcome
- 5 p.m. — Career Center Closes
- 5:15–6 p.m. — Conference Opening Ceremony and Welcome
- 6–7 p.m. — Networking Reception
- 7–9 p.m. — Opening Dinner
- 9 p.m. — Gatornights
- 9 p.m. — Visit Gainesville
*Shuttle Running Between Reitz Union, Downtown Stop, and Conference Hotel*
- 8 a.m. — Conference Registration Opens
- 8 a.m. — Career Center Opens
- 8 a.m. — Mentor/Mentee Coffee
- 9–9:45 a.m. — Educational Session Block 1
- 10–10:45 a.m. — Educational Session Block 2
- 10–10:45 a.m. — Union Director Meeting
- 11 a.m.–Noon — Keynote: Justin Jones
- Noon–1 p.m. — Lunch
- 1–1:45 p.m. — Educational Session Block3
- 2–2:45 p.m. — Educational Session Block4
- 3–4 p.m. — Advancing Campus Community Keynote: Food Pantry
- 4–5 p.m. — Ice Cream Social
- 4–5 p.m. — Showcase vendors
- 4–5 p.m. — Steal this Idea
- 4–5 p.m. — I-LEAD® Reunion
- 7–8:30 p.m. — Night of the Stars Awards Dinner
- 7–8:30 p.m. — Wish Makers Live Auction
- 8:30–10:30 p.m. — Arts & Crafts
- 8:30–10:30 p.m. — Bowling & Pool
- 8–8:45 a.m. — Q&A: University of Florida and Reitz Union Staff
- 8–8:45 a.m. — Q&A: Volunteering with the Region
- 8–8:45 a.m. — Student Senate
- 9–10 a.m. — Senior Professional Session
- 9–9:45 a.m. — Educational Session Block 5
- 10–10:30 a.m. — Flash Sessions
- 10:45 am - 12:30 p.m. — Closing Brunch Program (Sunday with Dr. David Parott and 2018 Conference Reveal)
Region III is encouraging friendly competition this conference through the State Pride Challenge, because who doesn’t love a little competition with their conference experience?
The State Pride Challenge is an opportunity for institutions to score points for their home state.
Points are earned based on their involvement in conference activities.
- Volunteering (can we do a link to the volunteer subpage here?)
- Silent and live auction donations
- And more!
New attendees and students receive double points toward their state when they register. Participants traveling long distances will receive more points as well.
Things to Bring
- Money for penny wars
- Canned food or toiletry items to donate to the UF Field and Fork Pantry (there is a Publix grocery store walking distance from the hotel)
- Auction items
- Bragging rights
- Website recognition
- Conference swag
For the first time at a Region III Conference, there will be a Career Center and Networking Lounge. This space will be dedicated for job postings, networking chats, resume and interview tips, and will offer professional headshots for conference delegates!
- Preconference Session: Friday, October 20, 2 p.m.
Roundtable with ACUI President-Elect Mike Coleman: What Can ACUI Do for You?
- Luncheon: Saturday, October 21, Noon
Lunch with Keynote Speaker Justin Jones
- Sunday, October 22, 9 a.m.
Campus Activism with Brandon Bowden, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, Florida State University
Conferences can be overwhelming for first-time student attendees. Register your students who are attending to participate in one of the two webinars, where members of the Conference Planning Team will break down what to expect from the Region III Conference. Dates to be announced later.
This year’s community service project will feature a keynote speaker from Field and Fork Campus Food Program at the University of Florida to talk about students who experience food insecurity and ways to help. They will be collecting items for the pantry so either bring your non-perishables with you or shop at the Publix that is conveniently located next to the conference hotel.
Many students and staff in the region have participated in ACUI’s premier student program, I-LEAD®. We have dedicated time at the conference for past attendees to network and share experiences.
Students will be paired with professional mentors at the conference. Mentors and mentees can sign up during the online registration process. Contact information for mentors and mentees will be sent out prior to the conference.
Awards are given at the regional conference to both student and staff designers with the strongest pieces in each category. Winners will be announced during the conference at Sunday’s brunch. If you have questions, please contact Amy Stehman (email@example.com).
Entry details and more may be found on the entry form.
From helping at the registration table to critiquing resumes at the Career Center to being a live auction monitor, there are a number of opportunities to volunteer at this year’s conference.
Region III uses signup.com to organize our available conference volunteer spots. Here's how it works in three easy steps:
- Go to signup.com/go/BqGkcaq.
- Review the options listed, and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! No need to register an account.