Core Competencies: Communications, Fiscal Management, Human Resource Development, Intercultural Proficiency, Leadership, Management, Planning
December 2 – December 5, 2014
Dana Point, Calif.
Lodging is provided by the beautiful Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, in Dana Point, Calif. The associations have negotiated a deeply discounted rate of $175 for this conference for either single or double occupancy. The resort offers many amenities including spa and golf and complimentary access to the fitness center overlooking the ocean. You are within a stone's throw of the beach, and the resort offers complimentary coffee and water for morning beach walkers. There is a fitness center available for no charge, but the spa also offers a wonderful experience, which participants get a 10% discount on services.
A few of the favorite resort experiences include:
- Overlooking Salt Creek Beach as surfers ride the waves
- Having a quiet moment at 180blũ while trying to spot a whale during migration
- Taking a complimentary Eco-Excursion as part of the Jean-Michel Cousteau Ambassadors of the Environment program
Take a photo tour of the resort
In the coming weeks, you will be able to make your hotel reservations online.
To make your reservation by phone please call 877.266.6065 and refer to the 2014 Women's Leadership Institute prior to Nov. 4
The group rate is available for the nights of Dec. 2, 3, and 4 with scheduled check-out on Dec. 5 (this follows the schedule of the program). Additional nights if available, may or may not be awarded the group rate.Please make your reservations no later than Nov. 4 to receive the group rate.
Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel
One Ritz-Carlton Drive
Dana Point, Calif. 92629
Phone: 949.240.2000 | Fax: 949.240.0829
Group Reservations: 800.930.5146
The closest airport to the resort is the Orange County/John Wayne Airport (SNA), located about 20 minutes away. Other nearby airports are Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Long Beach Airport (LGB), LA/Ontario International Airport (ONT), and San Diego International Airport (SAN).
ACUI is proud to announce that Delta is our preferred airline. We have set up a reservation option for you to book your travel to
Southern California (LAX, SNA, or ONT ). Reservations and ticketing are available via Delta's website. When booking online at delta.com, select Book A Trip, click on More Search Options
under the find flights button. On the Search Flight page, please enter
your home airport, destination airport of SAT, dates, and the meeting codeNMJX6
in the box provided in the lower right side of the page. This should
allow for a discount between 2% and 10% of the fee depending on the
For a fee, reservations may also be made by calling the
Delta meeting reservations line at 800.328.1111 Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–7
Amtrak has several California routes that serve the San Juan Capistrano, CA (SNC) station, about 15 minutes from the Ritz-Carlton. Low fares, inexpensive transfer, and no valet expense. Not to mention some quiet reading time.
Rental cars are available at the airport, but please note there is a valet fee of $35 if you have a car at the resort. There is no option to self park at the resort.
No specific contracts have been made with these companies, but the following businesses service the Ritz-Carlton:
- Super Shuttle services SNA, LAX, LGB, ONT, SAN and Amtrak Los Angeles Station
- Best Transportation 800.827.7411
- Click here for the local weather forecast.
- For information on area attractions click on one of these destinations: All of Orange County, Orange County Beaches, Laguna Beach, Dana Point Harbor, and San Clemente.
- Book a service from Ritz-Carlton (spa, transportation, other)
- The resort offers a friendly, relaxed ambiance, so casual resort wear is recommended. Jackets for men are not required at restaurants.
- The hotel features free wireless Internet throughout the main part of the hotel. In-room wired service is available at a daily charge at no charge to our group.