ACUI Quick Facts
Number of member institutions: 496
Number of professional members: 2,887
Number of undergraduate students: 2,972
Number of graduate students: 652
Number of faculty members: 188
Number of associate members: 132
Number of institutions outside the U.S.A.: 19
Number of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU): 11
The ACUI Central Office is located in Bloomington, Ind.
ACUI dates back to 1914 when it was founded in the Midwestern United States by six students and one faculty advisor from Case School of Applied Sciences at Cleveland (now Case Western Reserve University), University of Illinois, Indiana University, University of Michigan, Ohio State University, Purdue University, and University of Wisconsin.
- Institutional membership is based on university enrollment and the number of professional staff in union/student activities department.
- International members have a flat membership rate.
- Associate membership is available to corporate partners and non-campus organizations.
- Individuals at nonmember institutions can purchase individual membership.
- Students and faculty members can join at no cost.
- The ACUI dues cycle runs on the calendar year (January to December or August to July) and is determined at the origination of membership.
The ACUI Central Office currently has 20 full-time staff members, some of whom come from a higher education background and some specialize in association management.