Student-Driven Program of the Year
The Student-Driven Program of the Year Award was established to recognize the impact of programming on student learning and to celebrate the achievements of students charged with programming on their campus. This award is given to a program that is created and implemented by students and that represents standards of excellence in campus programming. Students may be advised by professional staff, but planning and implementation must be executed primarily by students.
Any individual, campus organization, or institution that is an ACUI member is eligible to apply for this award. Nominated programs must meet the following minimum standards:
- Have been created and implemented by students (who may be advised by staff)
- Have occurred on the campus of an ACUI member institution
- Have taken place since the beginning of the previous academic year
The review process includes, but is not limited to, an assessment of the criteria listed below. Due to the wide variety of programs that can be considered, a program does not need to meet each and every criterion.
- Demonstrated excellence in campus programming
- Innovation and uniqueness
- Achievement of stated program outcomes
- Ability to be replicated at other campuses
place nominations online by filling out the Student-Driven Program of the Year
Award nomination form to include the following information:
- Name, title, institution, and contact information of the primary student responsible for the program
- Name, title, institution, and contact information of nominator (if different)
- Name, title, institution, and contact information of the staff advisor (if applicable)
- A two-page summary of the program, addressing:
- Title and description of the program (including intended programmatic outcomes)
- Program budget and identified funding sources
- Evidence of achievement of goals through program evaluations
- Supporting documentation of program. This could include photos, videos, marketing samples, etc. that directly support the program
The award submission deadline is Nov. 17, 2014.
Selection and presentation
Applications will receive written or electronic notification confirming receipt of the application(s). The ACUI Common Awards Committee, appointed annually by the ACUI president, will review the applications in January to select a winning program. One winner will be chosen; one physical award will be given to the winning program. The winner will be recognized during the awards ceremony at the annual conference.
2014 recipient: Election Watch Party, University of Kansas
2013 recipient: SIGNS & RHYMES: Intersections of Deaf & Hip-Hop Cultures, New York University
2012 recipient: EagleCHECK, SUNY–Brockport
2011 recipient: Vagina Memoirs, Western Washington University
2010 recipient: Go Blue Week, University of Michigan–Ann Arbor
2009 recipient: ArtAwake, University of Rochester
Updated Sept. 22, 2014