100th Anniversary Logo Competition
ACUI is seeking a logo for its upcoming 100th anniversary. The Association was founded in 1914 by a group of student leaders at Midwestern universities. Since then, it has grown to become the primary organization for those working in college unions and student activities in the United States and in other English-speaking countries. As we begin our centennial celebration, this competition will generate a winning brand to be used between March 2012 and December 2014.
The winning logo will be unveiled during ACUI’s annual conference, March 18–22, 2012 in Boston. One winning designer will receive a grand prize of free registration, lodging, and airfare to attend the 2012 conference and be recognized. The winning entry will then be used for all centennial branding throughout ACUI’s 100th anniversary celebration from March 2012–December 2014.
Download contest rules and entry form to submit by Dec. 9, 2011
How to Enter:
Participants may submit an unlimited number of entries. An entry is considered a single image file including both black and white and color versions of the logo on a white background (no transparency). Multiple image files will be treated as separate entries. A group may submit an entry; however, only one individual will receive the grand prize. That individual should be designated on the entry form in the "Participant Information" section.
The contest deadline is Dec. 9, 2011. You may submit an unlimited number of entries. An entry fee of $10 for the first entry and $5 for each additional entry from the individual will be assessed. Multiple entries from the same institution but different individuals do not qualify as additional entries. A late fee of $10 will be charged to entries received after Dec. 9, 2011 but before Jan. 1, 2012.
All entries must be Mac-compatible and self-contained (requires that no additional software be loaded). Acceptable file formats are PDF, EPS, TIFF, and JPEG with a resolution of at least 300 dots per inch (dpi). Do NOT submit Quark or InDesign files. Also, ensure that all applicable fonts are embedded in the file.
The winning entrant assigns the Association of College Unions International full rights to their work. ACUI assumes all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein. ACUI is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant.
The winning entry may be modified at ACUI’s discretion. The contest winner may be asked to submit the entry in alternative file formats, especially if it is not already a vector image (Adobe Illustrator).
Submit logo, entry form, and payment to email@example.com or mail them to:
ACUI 100th Anniversary Logo Competition
One City Centre, Suite 200
120 W. Seventh St.
Bloomington, IN 47404-3839
- During selection, entries will be blind reviewed; no distinction will be made between staff and student entries. Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- How well the 100th anniversary/centennial concept is incorporated
- How well the entry exemplifies the Association of College Unions International brand
- The entry’s aesthetic appeal
- The entry’s ability to work both in color and black and white and be adoptable to different scales and uses (e.g., embroidered on a polo shirt, printed on an enormous banner, used in black and white mailings, etc.)
- ACUI purple is PMS 2602; #7f1399; RGB 127, 19, 153; CMYK 63, 100, 0, 0
- The ACUI logo is available for download
- Information about ACUI and its history is available at www.acui.org/about
- ACUI commonly uses the fonts Officina Sans, Bodoni, Galliard, URW Egyptienne, and Frutiger
- Use simple shapes and text
- Do not use photographs
- Use a distinct color scheme (2-3 colors max)
Updated Oct. 5, 2011