What is ACUInfo?
At ACUI, it is our mission to be the leading resource for college union and student activities research. Since 2003, ACUInfo has allowed college union and student activities professionals to benchmark their activities against data from other institutions.
- ACUInfo allows you to make decisions based on data rather than anecdotal information.
- ACUInfo can provide you with general information as well as specific and detailed information about what other institutions are doing.
- ACUInfo supports your efforts to develop in the ACUI Core Competencies of facilities management, fiscal management, human resource development, management, and planning.
- ACUInfo has the potential to provide data about college unions and student activities like no other resource in the world.
We are excited to present the new ACUInfo, powered by our partners at Campus Labs (formerly StudentVoice).
Accessing data from the 2009–10 academic year is easy and is open to all ACUI members. Just follow these simple steps:
- Click here to be taken to the ACUInfo reporting tools (you will be prompted to login to the ACUI site if you are not already).
- Log in with your Campus Labs login if your campus is a member. Otherwise, select "I am not a Campus Labs member." (This step will connect ACUInfo to the other surveys your campuses participates in).
- Select "ACUInfo 2011" under "Student Unions and Programming."
- Select "Create Report," and off you go!
If you have trouble or questions once you get in the reporting area, you can contact Victoria Livingston, assistant director of assessment programs at Campus Labs, for assistance at 716.270.0000.
Accessing data from years prior to 2009 is also easy, but uses ACUI's former reporting system. Use the navigation links on the left to access 2003–09 ACUInfo data.
Survey Items in ACUInfo
If you’ve never participated in ACUInfo before, fear not! Yes, there are a lot of questions. Yes, it will take you some time to complete. But we’ve tried to make it as easy as possible, while maintaining the richness of the data we been asked by you to provide. You can download PDF versions of the questions you will find on the instrument by clicking the links below:
In an effort to keep data organized and identified by report academic year, data collection will typically happen at the beginning of the academic year. Campus Labs will send a unique link to all primary contacts for ACUI member institutions to contribute their data, along with a deadline for contribution.
The appropriate person to complete ACUInfo is most often the union director (or equivalent). If your campus does not have a director, other appropriate responders may be the person who oversees facilities, possibly in conjunction with your institutional research officer or finance officer. You may want to delegate the completion of some sections to other staff members. The best way to accomplish the task collaboratively would be to print a section and request that other staff members fill in the responses. While you can forward the link to others on your campus, we do suggest that you have one person who completes the online version to ensure the integrity of the data.
Throughout ACUInfo, we refer to ‘union.’ We realize that your campuses have vastly different names for facilities and we also realize that you may have more than one facility. We ask that you think about your primary spaces that function to build campus community. Some of the questions may not be applicable based on your sector of higher education. In those cases, please select the ‘Not Applicable’ answer options.
Updated Feb. 8, 2012