The review process includes, but is not limited to, an assessment of the criteria listed below. The nominee must:
- Demonstrate exceptional achievement in the profession at a two-year college.
- Be involved in two-year college issues and be held in esteem by colleagues through this involvement.
- Demonstrate commitment to ACUI through volunteer service.
- Understand the importance of the profession in advancing campus community.
Professionals employed at a two-year college that is an ACUI member institution are eligible for this award.
Nominations for this award are due by Noon Eastern on Friday, December 15, 2017, and must include the following:
- Name, institution, and contact information of the nominee.
- Name, institution, and contact information of the nominator.
- At least one, but no more than three, letters in support of the applicant to receive the award written by individuals such as direct supervisors/advisors, peers/colleagues, students, faculty members, etc., addressing:
- The achievements of the nominee in the profession.
- The demonstrated commitment of the nominee to the criteria identified for this specific award.
- A summary of the nominee’s background to provide evidence that they meet the criteria identified for this specific award, including information related to professional experience and volunteer service—providing a current resume or curriculum vitae for the nominee is optional.
Electronic notification will be sent to confirm award submissions have been received. A confidential Individuals Awards and Scholarships Committee, appointed annually by the ACUI president, will review materials to make the selection. One recipient will be chosen, unless otherwise noted for the specific award. One physical award will be given to the recipient, who will be recognized during the awards ceremony at the annual conference and in subsequent publications.