Criteria and Eligibility
At a minimum, individuals eligible for this award must:
ten years of employment in the profession at ACUI member institutions;
or be a non-union/activities professional who has rendered exceptional
service to ACUI, but has left the profession in pursuit of other
- Be retiring or have retired within a year of nomination.
Nominations will be accepted for this award again in December 2018, which must include the following:
- Name, institution, and contact information of the nominee.
- Name, institution, and contact information of the nominator.
- At least one letter in support of the applicant to receive the award written by individual(s) such as direct supervisors/advisors, peers/colleagues, students, faculty members, etc., addressing:
- The achievements of the nominee in the profession.
- The demonstrated commitment of the nominee to the criteria identified for this specific award.
- A summary of the nominee's background to provide evidence that they meet the criteria identified for this specific award, including information related to professional experience and volunteer service—providing a current resume for the nominee is optional.
Note that only one nomination is necessary for a nominee to be considered, and the identity of the nominator will not be disclosed during the selection process.
Nominators will receive electronic notification confirming receipt of materials. This honor is conferred by the Board of Trustees. A physical award will be given to the recipients, who will be recognized during the awards ceremony at the annual conference and in subsequent publications.